Aug 20, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Daisuke Matsuzaka was in the mix for a spot in the Indians’ rotation during spring training, but eventually lost that competition to Scott Kazmir and has spent the entire season at Triple-A.
Today the Indians released Matsuzaka after he started 19 games with a 3.92 ERA and 95/39 K/BB ratio in 103 innings for Columbus. Those are decent enough numbers and Matsuzaka had been on a nice run of late before struggling yesterday. Since the All-Star break he posted a 3.13 ERA and 36/9 K/BB ratio in 46 innings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)