Aug 20, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Daisuke Matsuzaka was in the mix for a spot in the Indians’ rotation during spring training, but eventually lost that competition to Scott Kazmir and has spent the entire season at Triple-A.
Today the Indians released Matsuzaka after he started 19 games with a 3.92 ERA and 95/39 K/BB ratio in 103 innings for Columbus. Those are decent enough numbers and Matsuzaka had been on a nice run of late before struggling yesterday. Since the All-Star break he posted a 3.13 ERA and 36/9 K/BB ratio in 46 innings.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)