Aug 20, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Daisuke Matsuzaka was in the mix for a spot in the Indians’ rotation during spring training, but eventually lost that competition to Scott Kazmir and has spent the entire season at Triple-A.
Today the Indians released Matsuzaka after he started 19 games with a 3.92 ERA and 95/39 K/BB ratio in 103 innings for Columbus. Those are decent enough numbers and Matsuzaka had been on a nice run of late before struggling yesterday. Since the All-Star break he posted a 3.13 ERA and 36/9 K/BB ratio in 46 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 7
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 15
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)