Aug 20, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Daisuke Matsuzaka was in the mix for a spot in the Indians’ rotation during spring training, but eventually lost that competition to Scott Kazmir and has spent the entire season at Triple-A.
Today the Indians released Matsuzaka after he started 19 games with a 3.92 ERA and 95/39 K/BB ratio in 103 innings for Columbus. Those are decent enough numbers and Matsuzaka had been on a nice run of late before struggling yesterday. Since the All-Star break he posted a 3.13 ERA and 36/9 K/BB ratio in 46 innings.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)