Aug 20, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Trout suffered the injury during Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Astros and might not be available until the end of this week. J.B. Shuck is starting in left field, Peter Bourjos is playing center and Kole Calhoun is in right on Tuesday versus the Indians. Josh Hamilton will act as the Angels’ DH.
Trout, 22, is batting .333/.430/.574 with 21 home runs and 28 stolen bases n 122 games this season for the Halos, who are currently 16 1/2 games back of the Rangers in the American League West standings with 38 games left to play.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (294)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)