Aug 20, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Trout suffered the injury during Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Astros and might not be available until the end of this week. J.B. Shuck is starting in left field, Peter Bourjos is playing center and Kole Calhoun is in right on Tuesday versus the Indians. Josh Hamilton will act as the Angels’ DH.
Trout, 22, is batting .333/.430/.574 with 21 home runs and 28 stolen bases n 122 games this season for the Halos, who are currently 16 1/2 games back of the Rangers in the American League West standings with 38 games left to play.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)