Aug 20, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Trout suffered the injury during Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Astros and might not be available until the end of this week. J.B. Shuck is starting in left field, Peter Bourjos is playing center and Kole Calhoun is in right on Tuesday versus the Indians. Josh Hamilton will act as the Angels’ DH.
Trout, 22, is batting .333/.430/.574 with 21 home runs and 28 stolen bases n 122 games this season for the Halos, who are currently 16 1/2 games back of the Rangers in the American League West standings with 38 games left to play.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 23
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 75
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)