Aug 20, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Trout suffered the injury during Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Astros and might not be available until the end of this week. J.B. Shuck is starting in left field, Peter Bourjos is playing center and Kole Calhoun is in right on Tuesday versus the Indians. Josh Hamilton will act as the Angels’ DH.
Trout, 22, is batting .333/.430/.574 with 21 home runs and 28 stolen bases n 122 games this season for the Halos, who are currently 16 1/2 games back of the Rangers in the American League West standings with 38 games left to play.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 121
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (124)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)