Aug 20, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Obviously this is the most subjective of exercises. If you want any more evidence of that know that the Yankees slid from fourth to seventh in the past year despite the fact they haven’t changed their look in close to a century. The teams that slid above them — the Phillies, Dodgers and Tigers — haven’t changed their uniforms in a long while either. The Tigers were ninth last year because their cap logo was too small. This year sixth because, I dunno, Jose Iglesias wears it better than Jhonny Peralta did?
This stuff stirs people up. But it’s ultimately an aesthetic opinion and those can’t truly be wrong. Well, unless it’s about Nickelback or something.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)