Aug 20, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Obviously this is the most subjective of exercises. If you want any more evidence of that know that the Yankees slid from fourth to seventh in the past year despite the fact they haven’t changed their look in close to a century. The teams that slid above them — the Phillies, Dodgers and Tigers — haven’t changed their uniforms in a long while either. The Tigers were ninth last year because their cap logo was too small. This year sixth because, I dunno, Jose Iglesias wears it better than Jhonny Peralta did?
This stuff stirs people up. But it’s ultimately an aesthetic opinion and those can’t truly be wrong. Well, unless it’s about Nickelback or something.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 129
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (134)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (101)