Aug 20, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Obviously this is the most subjective of exercises. If you want any more evidence of that know that the Yankees slid from fourth to seventh in the past year despite the fact they haven’t changed their look in close to a century. The teams that slid above them — the Phillies, Dodgers and Tigers — haven’t changed their uniforms in a long while either. The Tigers were ninth last year because their cap logo was too small. This year sixth because, I dunno, Jose Iglesias wears it better than Jhonny Peralta did?
This stuff stirs people up. But it’s ultimately an aesthetic opinion and those can’t truly be wrong. Well, unless it’s about Nickelback or something.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 59
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)