Aug 20, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Obviously this is the most subjective of exercises. If you want any more evidence of that know that the Yankees slid from fourth to seventh in the past year despite the fact they haven’t changed their look in close to a century. The teams that slid above them — the Phillies, Dodgers and Tigers — haven’t changed their uniforms in a long while either. The Tigers were ninth last year because their cap logo was too small. This year sixth because, I dunno, Jose Iglesias wears it better than Jhonny Peralta did?
This stuff stirs people up. But it’s ultimately an aesthetic opinion and those can’t truly be wrong. Well, unless it’s about Nickelback or something.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)