Aug 20, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Obviously this is the most subjective of exercises. If you want any more evidence of that know that the Yankees slid from fourth to seventh in the past year despite the fact they haven’t changed their look in close to a century. The teams that slid above them — the Phillies, Dodgers and Tigers — haven’t changed their uniforms in a long while either. The Tigers were ninth last year because their cap logo was too small. This year sixth because, I dunno, Jose Iglesias wears it better than Jhonny Peralta did?
This stuff stirs people up. But it’s ultimately an aesthetic opinion and those can’t truly be wrong. Well, unless it’s about Nickelback or something.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)