Aug 20, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected the Rangers have placed Alexi Ogando on the disabled list after the right-hander was diagnosed with nerve inflammation in his shoulder.
Ogando complained of soreness during a start last week, so the Rangers sent him for further testing and skipped his next turn in the rotation. Because the DL stint is backdated he’ll be eligible to return before the end of the month, but obviously that’s no sure thing.
This is Ogando’s third time on the DL this season, but in between the injuries he’s been very effective with a 3.47 ERA in 80 innings. For his career Ogando has a 3.49 ERA in 45 starts, so getting him back healthy for the stretch run and possible postseason is key for Texas’ title hopes.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 8
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 96
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (103)