Aug 20, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected the Rangers have placed Alexi Ogando on the disabled list after the right-hander was diagnosed with nerve inflammation in his shoulder.
Ogando complained of soreness during a start last week, so the Rangers sent him for further testing and skipped his next turn in the rotation. Because the DL stint is backdated he’ll be eligible to return before the end of the month, but obviously that’s no sure thing.
This is Ogando’s third time on the DL this season, but in between the injuries he’s been very effective with a 3.47 ERA in 80 innings. For his career Ogando has a 3.49 ERA in 45 starts, so getting him back healthy for the stretch run and possible postseason is key for Texas’ title hopes.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)