Aug 20, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected the Rangers have placed Alexi Ogando on the disabled list after the right-hander was diagnosed with nerve inflammation in his shoulder.
Ogando complained of soreness during a start last week, so the Rangers sent him for further testing and skipped his next turn in the rotation. Because the DL stint is backdated he’ll be eligible to return before the end of the month, but obviously that’s no sure thing.
This is Ogando’s third time on the DL this season, but in between the injuries he’s been very effective with a 3.47 ERA in 80 innings. For his career Ogando has a 3.49 ERA in 45 starts, so getting him back healthy for the stretch run and possible postseason is key for Texas’ title hopes.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)