Aug 20, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected the Rangers have placed Alexi Ogando on the disabled list after the right-hander was diagnosed with nerve inflammation in his shoulder.
Ogando complained of soreness during a start last week, so the Rangers sent him for further testing and skipped his next turn in the rotation. Because the DL stint is backdated he’ll be eligible to return before the end of the month, but obviously that’s no sure thing.
This is Ogando’s third time on the DL this season, but in between the injuries he’s been very effective with a 3.47 ERA in 80 innings. For his career Ogando has a 3.49 ERA in 45 starts, so getting him back healthy for the stretch run and possible postseason is key for Texas’ title hopes.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)