Aug 20, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
As expected the Rangers have placed Alexi Ogando on the disabled list after the right-hander was diagnosed with nerve inflammation in his shoulder.
Ogando complained of soreness during a start last week, so the Rangers sent him for further testing and skipped his next turn in the rotation. Because the DL stint is backdated he’ll be eligible to return before the end of the month, but obviously that’s no sure thing.
This is Ogando’s third time on the DL this season, but in between the injuries he’s been very effective with a 3.47 ERA in 80 innings. For his career Ogando has a 3.49 ERA in 45 starts, so getting him back healthy for the stretch run and possible postseason is key for Texas’ title hopes.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (84)