Aug 20, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
The Yankees found themselves down 4-0 in the second inning but they came back with three more runs in the third thanks to Robinson Cano‘s three-run homer. It was his 200th in his career. Here it is:
Andrew Mearns of Pinstriped Bible had a nice post recently about Cano’s milestone homers in the past. I’m guessing many wouldn’t have guessed that his first one came off of Doug Creek. I’m guessing most people outside of the Creek family are even aware of Doug Creek.
As we mentioned on HBT Daily this morning, Cano is poised for a big, big contract. The question, given his age, the history of second basemen aging poorly and given how many large, albatross contracts given to guys on the wrong side of 30 we’ve seen lately, is what kind of Cano can expect. And whether his best baseball is behind him along with those 200 homers.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)