Aug 21, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald has the story:
SAN FRANCISCO — Mark the calendar: Clay Buchholz could make his first minor league start Sunday.
Buchholz is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Friday in Los Angeles and could then be cleared to head to Low-A Lowell to kick off a minor league rehab assignment.
Buchholz hasn’t appeared in a major league game since August 8 due to neck and shoulder troubles. If he does a three-game minor league rehab assignment, he should be ready to return on September 10.
The right-hander was 9-0 with a 1.71 ERA and 1.02 WHIP in 12 starts before landing on the disabled list.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)