Aug 21, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Jeter will be limited to five innings in his first game, but he should be able to play all nine innings by this weekend with an eye on returning to the Yankees’ active 25-man roster sometime early next week.
Jeter has appeared in only five games this season for the Yankees due to ankle and then right calf issues.
He is 4-for-19 (.211) with one homer, two walks and two RBI in those five games.
The 39-year-old is making $17 million this year and carries an $8 million player option for 2014.
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 3
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)