Aug 21, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Jeter will be limited to five innings in his first game, but he should be able to play all nine innings by this weekend with an eye on returning to the Yankees’ active 25-man roster sometime early next week.
Jeter has appeared in only five games this season for the Yankees due to ankle and then right calf issues.
He is 4-for-19 (.211) with one homer, two walks and two RBI in those five games.
The 39-year-old is making $17 million this year and carries an $8 million player option for 2014.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)