Aug 21, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Jeter will be limited to five innings in his first game, but he should be able to play all nine innings by this weekend with an eye on returning to the Yankees’ active 25-man roster sometime early next week.
Jeter has appeared in only five games this season for the Yankees due to ankle and then right calf issues.
He is 4-for-19 (.211) with one homer, two walks and two RBI in those five games.
The 39-year-old is making $17 million this year and carries an $8 million player option for 2014.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 14
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 54
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)