Aug 21, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Jeter will be limited to five innings in his first game, but he should be able to play all nine innings by this weekend with an eye on returning to the Yankees’ active 25-man roster sometime early next week.
Jeter has appeared in only five games this season for the Yankees due to ankle and then right calf issues.
He is 4-for-19 (.211) with one homer, two walks and two RBI in those five games.
The 39-year-old is making $17 million this year and carries an $8 million player option for 2014.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 34
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)