Aug 21, 2013, 8:38 PM EST
Not every player in pinstripes is in celebration mode on Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, infielder Jayson Nix was diagnosed with a fractured left hand after getting plunked with an R.A. Dickey pitch in the bottom of the second inning.
Nix is going to be reevaluated on Thursday, but it’s a pretty good bet that he is done for the remainder of the 2013 regular season. He’ll be the 24th Yankees player to spend time on the disabled list this year.
Nix was filling in at third base for Alex Rodriguez, who got the evening off. Mark Reynolds entered the game at the hot corner. Nix, 30, was batting .236/.308/.311 through 87 games played this season.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)