Aug 21, 2013, 8:38 PM EDT
Not every player in pinstripes is in celebration mode on Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, infielder Jayson Nix was diagnosed with a fractured left hand after getting plunked with an R.A. Dickey pitch in the bottom of the second inning.
Nix is going to be reevaluated on Thursday, but it’s a pretty good bet that he is done for the remainder of the 2013 regular season. He’ll be the 24th Yankees player to spend time on the disabled list this year.
Nix was filling in at third base for Alex Rodriguez, who got the evening off. Mark Reynolds entered the game at the hot corner. Nix, 30, was batting .236/.308/.311 through 87 games played this season.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72