Aug 21, 2013, 8:38 PM EDT
Not every player in pinstripes is in celebration mode on Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, infielder Jayson Nix was diagnosed with a fractured left hand after getting plunked with an R.A. Dickey pitch in the bottom of the second inning.
Nix is going to be reevaluated on Thursday, but it’s a pretty good bet that he is done for the remainder of the 2013 regular season. He’ll be the 24th Yankees player to spend time on the disabled list this year.
Nix was filling in at third base for Alex Rodriguez, who got the evening off. Mark Reynolds entered the game at the hot corner. Nix, 30, was batting .236/.308/.311 through 87 games played this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)