Aug 21, 2013, 8:38 PM EST
Not every player in pinstripes is in celebration mode on Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, infielder Jayson Nix was diagnosed with a fractured left hand after getting plunked with an R.A. Dickey pitch in the bottom of the second inning.
Nix is going to be reevaluated on Thursday, but it’s a pretty good bet that he is done for the remainder of the 2013 regular season. He’ll be the 24th Yankees player to spend time on the disabled list this year.
Nix was filling in at third base for Alex Rodriguez, who got the evening off. Mark Reynolds entered the game at the hot corner. Nix, 30, was batting .236/.308/.311 through 87 games played this season.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)