Aug 21, 2013, 8:38 PM EST
Not every player in pinstripes is in celebration mode on Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium.
According to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, infielder Jayson Nix was diagnosed with a fractured left hand after getting plunked with an R.A. Dickey pitch in the bottom of the second inning.
Nix is going to be reevaluated on Thursday, but it’s a pretty good bet that he is done for the remainder of the 2013 regular season. He’ll be the 24th Yankees player to spend time on the disabled list this year.
Nix was filling in at third base for Alex Rodriguez, who got the evening off. Mark Reynolds entered the game at the hot corner. Nix, 30, was batting .236/.308/.311 through 87 games played this season.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27