Aug 21, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly is no longer holding out any hope of Matt Kemp returning from the disabled list this month, telling Ken Gurnick of MLB.com that “September would be the best-case scenario.”
Kemp has essentially been sidelined since early July, first by a shoulder injury and then by an ankle injury. He played one game between disabled list stints, the latest of which dates back to July 22.
And because the minor-league season will be over soon Kemp won’t be able to go on an actual rehab assignment whenever he’s deemed healthy enough for game action, although the Dodgers can always set up some simulated games.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)