Aug 21, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly is no longer holding out any hope of Matt Kemp returning from the disabled list this month, telling Ken Gurnick of MLB.com that “September would be the best-case scenario.”
Kemp has essentially been sidelined since early July, first by a shoulder injury and then by an ankle injury. He played one game between disabled list stints, the latest of which dates back to July 22.
And because the minor-league season will be over soon Kemp won’t be able to go on an actual rehab assignment whenever he’s deemed healthy enough for game action, although the Dodgers can always set up some simulated games.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)