Aug 21, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
Cabrera grimaced swinging at the first pitch of the at-bat, creating a scene that flashed back to a week and a half ago at Yankee Stadium against Mariano Rivera. Cabrera didn’t need a trainer, but he wasn’t feeling right.
“That first swing, it looked like he reacted with some pain,” Leyland said. “You could see it in his facial expression. I don’t know what the situation is. I’ll have to go check it. I could tell when he came up the steps he was hurting a little bit.”
The Tigers have a five and a half game lead and Cabrera is the runaway MVP candidate. I don’t see how it would hurt — and I can see all kinds of reasons it would help — to put him on the DL for 15 days and allow him to heal up some before October.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)