Aug 21, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Bernadina lost his spot on the Nationals’ bench following the trade for David DeJesus, but before struggling this season he’s generally been a decent fourth outfielder who can play all three outfield spots and be semi-useful offensively.
This year Bernadina hit just .178, but from 2010-2012 he batted .256 with a .703 OPS in 1,059 plate appearances. And if the Phillies like how he plays down the stretch he’ll be under team control via arbitration for next season.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 51
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)