Aug 21, 2013, 5:44 PM EST
This morning Roy Halladay‘s comments about Charlie Manuel’s firing were reported and the upshot based on the articles written was that Halladay was cool with Manuel getting fired because he felt the team needed more discipline and structure.
Today Halladay clarified those comments, making it clear that he did not blame Manuel for the Phillies’ downturn — that’s on the players, he says — and that Manuel was a wonderful manager with whom he has a great relationship. Indeed, he said he spoke to Manuel today to make it clear to him that his comments were not meant to imply any endorsement of his firing.
No word on whether Halladay agrees with the rest of the world who sees the firing as mostly Ruben Amaro’s fault.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)