Aug 21, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Braves announced that they have claimed infielder Elliot Johnson off release waivers from the Royals.
Dan Uggla goes out for eye surgery, Tyler Pastornicky goes down with a torn ACL. Heck, a few minutes ago Paul Janish tried to lay down a squeeze bunt with two strikes on him and helped kill a rally, so as far as I’m concerned every Braves infielder not named Simmons nor Freeman can take a hike. So this doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it might otherwise.
Not that it helps them beyond supplying a warm body. He hit a mere .179/.218/.241 over 79 games this season and really doesn’t have much defensive value either. Rosters expand in ten days or so, so it’s not like keeping him on the roster will cause too many problems.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 87
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (104)