Aug 21, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Braves announced that they have claimed infielder Elliot Johnson off release waivers from the Royals.
Dan Uggla goes out for eye surgery, Tyler Pastornicky goes down with a torn ACL. Heck, a few minutes ago Paul Janish tried to lay down a squeeze bunt with two strikes on him and helped kill a rally, so as far as I’m concerned every Braves infielder not named Simmons nor Freeman can take a hike. So this doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it might otherwise.
Not that it helps them beyond supplying a warm body. He hit a mere .179/.218/.241 over 79 games this season and really doesn’t have much defensive value either. Rosters expand in ten days or so, so it’s not like keeping him on the roster will cause too many problems.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)