Aug 22, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
This is a bummer for us but it’s a good move for A-Rod: he says that he has instructed his lawyers to cut the highly-pitched rhetoric against MLB and the Yankees and says that he will only talk abut baseball going forward:
“I’m shutting it all down, I’m shutting it all down. The focus is to be back on the field. There are so many great stories going on in baseball, and for us, we really just want to focus on playing good baseball, and 100 percent have all the questions be about baseball. If there’s any question in the future that are not about baseball, the interview will end at that moment.”
Cue the columns, blog posts and comments bout how A-Rod is a phony who is ducking hard qustions from people who claim that they are sick of the drama.
Whatever the case: the Yankees have the best record in the AL East since A-Rod has returned and it’s not impossible to see them making a strong run at the wild card. You can thank A-Rod later, though.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)