Aug 22, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
This is a bummer for us but it’s a good move for A-Rod: he says that he has instructed his lawyers to cut the highly-pitched rhetoric against MLB and the Yankees and says that he will only talk abut baseball going forward:
“I’m shutting it all down, I’m shutting it all down. The focus is to be back on the field. There are so many great stories going on in baseball, and for us, we really just want to focus on playing good baseball, and 100 percent have all the questions be about baseball. If there’s any question in the future that are not about baseball, the interview will end at that moment.”
Cue the columns, blog posts and comments bout how A-Rod is a phony who is ducking hard qustions from people who claim that they are sick of the drama.
Whatever the case: the Yankees have the best record in the AL East since A-Rod has returned and it’s not impossible to see them making a strong run at the wild card. You can thank A-Rod later, though.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (84)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)