Aug 22, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
This is a bummer for us but it’s a good move for A-Rod: he says that he has instructed his lawyers to cut the highly-pitched rhetoric against MLB and the Yankees and says that he will only talk abut baseball going forward:
“I’m shutting it all down, I’m shutting it all down. The focus is to be back on the field. There are so many great stories going on in baseball, and for us, we really just want to focus on playing good baseball, and 100 percent have all the questions be about baseball. If there’s any question in the future that are not about baseball, the interview will end at that moment.”
Cue the columns, blog posts and comments bout how A-Rod is a phony who is ducking hard qustions from people who claim that they are sick of the drama.
Whatever the case: the Yankees have the best record in the AL East since A-Rod has returned and it’s not impossible to see them making a strong run at the wild card. You can thank A-Rod later, though.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39