Aug 22, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
From the blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that St. Louis Cardinals Minor League outfielder Yoenny Gonzalez has received a 50-game suspension without pay for his violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Gonzalez, who is currently on the roster of the rookie-level Johnson City (TN) Cardinals, is effective immediately.
Good thing he’s not still playing pending appeal or else Ryan Dempster would be on the train to Johnson City, ready to dole out some frontier justice.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)