Aug 22, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
From the blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that St. Louis Cardinals Minor League outfielder Yoenny Gonzalez has received a 50-game suspension without pay for his violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Gonzalez, who is currently on the roster of the rookie-level Johnson City (TN) Cardinals, is effective immediately.
Good thing he’s not still playing pending appeal or else Ryan Dempster would be on the train to Johnson City, ready to dole out some frontier justice.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20