Aug 22, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
From the blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that St. Louis Cardinals Minor League outfielder Yoenny Gonzalez has received a 50-game suspension without pay for his violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Gonzalez, who is currently on the roster of the rookie-level Johnson City (TN) Cardinals, is effective immediately.
Good thing he’s not still playing pending appeal or else Ryan Dempster would be on the train to Johnson City, ready to dole out some frontier justice.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)