Aug 22, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Cabrera has played just 88 of 127 games due to multiple injuries and wasn’t much good when healthy enough to be in the lineup either, hitting .279 with three homers and a .682 OPS. That’s a 224-point drop in OPS from Cabrera’s pre-suspension production with the Giants last season and a 127-point drop from his 2011 work with the Royals. It does, however, match up pretty closely with his .707 OPS from 2005-2010.
Cabrera is making $8 million this season and will get $8 million next year too.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)