Aug 22, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Cabrera has played just 88 of 127 games due to multiple injuries and wasn’t much good when healthy enough to be in the lineup either, hitting .279 with three homers and a .682 OPS. That’s a 224-point drop in OPS from Cabrera’s pre-suspension production with the Giants last season and a 127-point drop from his 2011 work with the Royals. It does, however, match up pretty closely with his .707 OPS from 2005-2010.
Cabrera is making $8 million this season and will get $8 million next year too.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)