Aug 22, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Cabrera has played just 88 of 127 games due to multiple injuries and wasn’t much good when healthy enough to be in the lineup either, hitting .279 with three homers and a .682 OPS. That’s a 224-point drop in OPS from Cabrera’s pre-suspension production with the Giants last season and a 127-point drop from his 2011 work with the Royals. It does, however, match up pretty closely with his .707 OPS from 2005-2010.
Cabrera is making $8 million this season and will get $8 million next year too.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 33
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)