Aug 22, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Cabrera has played just 88 of 127 games due to multiple injuries and wasn’t much good when healthy enough to be in the lineup either, hitting .279 with three homers and a .682 OPS. That’s a 224-point drop in OPS from Cabrera’s pre-suspension production with the Giants last season and a 127-point drop from his 2011 work with the Royals. It does, however, match up pretty closely with his .707 OPS from 2005-2010.
Cabrera is making $8 million this season and will get $8 million next year too.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)