Aug 22, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Cabrera has played just 88 of 127 games due to multiple injuries and wasn’t much good when healthy enough to be in the lineup either, hitting .279 with three homers and a .682 OPS. That’s a 224-point drop in OPS from Cabrera’s pre-suspension production with the Giants last season and a 127-point drop from his 2011 work with the Royals. It does, however, match up pretty closely with his .707 OPS from 2005-2010.
Cabrera is making $8 million this season and will get $8 million next year too.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 43
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)