Aug 22, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Rockies first base coach Rene Lachemann was kind enough to give a baseball to a young fan earlier this week in Philadelphia. However, what he said to him will surely have a more lasting impact on his life.
Pure unadulterated gold. We are all better people for having witnessed that. If some columnists could have it their way, Lachemann’s next trick would be to put Yasiel Puig on the straight and narrow.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (323)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)