Aug 22, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Rockies first base coach Rene Lachemann was kind enough to give a baseball to a young fan earlier this week in Philadelphia. However, what he said to him will surely have a more lasting impact on his life.
Pure unadulterated gold. We are all better people for having witnessed that. If some columnists could have it their way, Lachemann’s next trick would be to put Yasiel Puig on the straight and narrow.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)