Aug 22, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Rockies first base coach Rene Lachemann was kind enough to give a baseball to a young fan earlier this week in Philadelphia. However, what he said to him will surely have a more lasting impact on his life.
Pure unadulterated gold. We are all better people for having witnessed that. If some columnists could have it their way, Lachemann’s next trick would be to put Yasiel Puig on the straight and narrow.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 8
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 35
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 42
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)