Aug 22, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
The Mets play a lot of fast games thanks to good pitching. Now they’re going to try to do the opposite of that:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 22, 2013
Sorry, I kid Dice-K because I’m a kidder. He’s actually been quite useful in Triple-A this year and it makes sense that the Mets would want him to eat some innings down the stretch so as to give Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler some rest.
He started 19 games with a 3.92 ERA and 95/39 K/BB ratio in 103 innings for the Columbus Clippers. That could play in the waning days of the Mets season.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 100
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (153)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)