Aug 22, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
The Mets play a lot of fast games thanks to good pitching. Now they’re going to try to do the opposite of that:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 22, 2013
Sorry, I kid Dice-K because I’m a kidder. He’s actually been quite useful in Triple-A this year and it makes sense that the Mets would want him to eat some innings down the stretch so as to give Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler some rest.
He started 19 games with a 3.92 ERA and 95/39 K/BB ratio in 103 innings for the Columbus Clippers. That could play in the waning days of the Mets season.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)