Aug 22, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
The Mets play a lot of fast games thanks to good pitching. Now they’re going to try to do the opposite of that:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 22, 2013
Sorry, I kid Dice-K because I’m a kidder. He’s actually been quite useful in Triple-A this year and it makes sense that the Mets would want him to eat some innings down the stretch so as to give Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler some rest.
He started 19 games with a 3.92 ERA and 95/39 K/BB ratio in 103 innings for the Columbus Clippers. That could play in the waning days of the Mets season.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)