Aug 22, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
This is interesting:
— Peter Botte (@PeterBotte) August 22, 2013
Yes, interesting because what in the heck is Metallica doing playing the Apollo, but more interesting because if they’re gonna be in New York anyway, what’s to stop them from setting up some giant amps in Monument Park and giving Mo a live “Enter Sandman” when he makes his final appearance in front of the home crowd?
I tend not to be the sort who gets into such orchestrated things, but if you don’t think that wouldn’t be chill-inducing, please go get an emotion transplant.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 6
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 11
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)