Aug 23, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Remember when Bill Madden of the Daily News said Alex Rodriguez “will never play another game for the Yankees?” That he had what the Daily News headlined as “an evil plan” to “claim he was physically unable to perform” and collect insurance money?
Subway Squawkers does, and today catalogs all of the ways in which Madden got the A-Rod story wrong over the past few months. Sorry: how Spink Award winner Bill Madden got the A-Rod story wrong.
The best part: Squawkers notes that now that the Yankees are winning and A-Rod is showing that he is quite capable of physical performance, Madden has gone curiously silent on the guy, underplaying his role in the Yankees’ recent surge.
Reporters hate it when individual games twist right at the end, ruining the story they’ve been working on and making them rewrite before deadline. I guess that happens with the longer-term storylines as well.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 8
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 7
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)