Aug 23, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
The bad news for Zito is that his next start is Monday against the Rockies at Coors Field. So he’ll try to save his job in the most hitter-friendly environment possible.
Zito is 0-8 with a 9.50 ERA on the road this season, including 0-2 with a 7.36 ERA at Coors Field, so his turning in a not-horrible start versus the Rockies would qualify as a minor miracle. He hasn’t completed five innings in a road start since June.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)