Aug 23, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
The bad news for Zito is that his next start is Monday against the Rockies at Coors Field. So he’ll try to save his job in the most hitter-friendly environment possible.
Zito is 0-8 with a 9.50 ERA on the road this season, including 0-2 with a 7.36 ERA at Coors Field, so his turning in a not-horrible start versus the Rockies would qualify as a minor miracle. He hasn’t completed five innings in a road start since June.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)