Aug 23, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
The bad news for Zito is that his next start is Monday against the Rockies at Coors Field. So he’ll try to save his job in the most hitter-friendly environment possible.
Zito is 0-8 with a 9.50 ERA on the road this season, including 0-2 with a 7.36 ERA at Coors Field, so his turning in a not-horrible start versus the Rockies would qualify as a minor miracle. He hasn’t completed five innings in a road start since June.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 0
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 43
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)