SportsDash: Joe Posnanski and I talk about Ryan Braun

Aug 23, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT

In case you missed it, a new show launched on NBC Sports Network on Monday. It’s called SportsDash and it’s a collaboration between NBC Sports and Yahoo! in which the top trending stories on the interwebs are featured and discussed.  It’s a nice, fast-paced run around the sports world, giving people stuff they, by their very Internetting habits, have shown an interest in. So, unlike some sports network shows, we’re not shoving stuff you don’t want to hear about down your throat. What a concept.

Anyway, today the show kicked off with Joe Posnanski and I talking about Ryan Braun‘s apology. I hope you dig it. If so, make a point to catch — or record — SportsDash every weekday at noon.

1. 18thstreet - Aug 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I’ll ask my kids to set the VCR.

2. rpiddy - Aug 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM

The logo reminds me of the Dana Carvey show:

The Dana Carvey Show presented by Taco Bell

3. chicagoteamster - Aug 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM

This is one smug and sleazy piece of work, Mr. Calcaterra. You distract attention from your own definitive judgments about Braun’s character by putting the words in the mouth of baseball fans collectively (as if you’re merely reporting on some opinion survey). But we know from your posts here that you’ve decided Braun is a “bad guy.” And (facetiously qualified as a “crazy possibility”) you’ve gotten into Braun’s head and decided he’s unrepentant about a whole list of misdeeds. You complain over and over again about fans’ lack of sophistication about players and PEDs. This pose of sophistication is a joke, because you fail to see how little nuance you bring to the discussion.

4. stlouis1baseball - Aug 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM

• sweepthleg - Aug 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM

{Someone with the handle of “chicagoteamster” opens his post with the words “smug” and “sleazy” in the first sentence. Choice stuff!}

I agree