Aug 23, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
You wake up each morning and act like going to work one more day will be the death of you and that you’ll never make it to 65. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, a dude decides to come back for his 65th year at his job. Bill Shaikin reports that Vin Scully will be back in 2014. Vin:
“It has been such an exciting, enjoyable, wonderful season — the big crowds in the ballpark, everybody is talking about the ballclub, and I really respect, admire and love the management — so everything just fell into place,” Scully said. “I really still enjoy it immensely. My health is good, thank God. So why not? And my wife said, ‘Why not?’ as well.
Interesting that the excitement about the team was a key consideration for Scully. And here I thought Yasiel Puig was ruining it for everyone.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29