Aug 23, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
You wake up each morning and act like going to work one more day will be the death of you and that you’ll never make it to 65. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, a dude decides to come back for his 65th year at his job. Bill Shaikin reports that Vin Scully will be back in 2014. Vin:
“It has been such an exciting, enjoyable, wonderful season — the big crowds in the ballpark, everybody is talking about the ballclub, and I really respect, admire and love the management — so everything just fell into place,” Scully said. “I really still enjoy it immensely. My health is good, thank God. So why not? And my wife said, ‘Why not?’ as well.
Interesting that the excitement about the team was a key consideration for Scully. And here I thought Yasiel Puig was ruining it for everyone.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 16
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 126
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)