Aug 23, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
You wake up each morning and act like going to work one more day will be the death of you and that you’ll never make it to 65. Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, a dude decides to come back for his 65th year at his job. Bill Shaikin reports that Vin Scully will be back in 2014. Vin:
“It has been such an exciting, enjoyable, wonderful season — the big crowds in the ballpark, everybody is talking about the ballclub, and I really respect, admire and love the management — so everything just fell into place,” Scully said. ”I really still enjoy it immensely. My health is good, thank God. So why not? And my wife said, ‘Why not?’ as well.
Interesting that the excitement about the team was a key consideration for Scully. And here I thought Yasiel Puig was ruining it for everyone.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17