Aug 23, 2013, 5:36 PM EST
What better way to close out the work week than with MLB’s end-of-the-afternoon steroid suspensions.
Today’s unlucky losers were both playing in the Dominican Summer League. Angels outfielder Angel Montilla was busted for Nandrolone, while White Sox right-hander Pedro Rodriguez got nabbed for Stanozolol.
Montilla, 20, was hitting .234/.321/.248 with 16 steals in 145 at-bats in his third year in the DSL. Rodriguez, 22, had allowed seven runs — three earned — in six innings. He was also in his third year in the league. Given their ages, both players may well have been on their way to getting released at season’s end even if not for the positive tests.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)