Aug 25, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Twins catcher Joe Mauer will not return from the 7-day concussion disabled list when he’s first eligible.
“Joe is at home,” Twins assistant general manager Rob Antony told LaVelle E. Neal of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune on Saturday night in Cleveland. “They advised him just to lay low and rest right now. They think the best thing he can use is rest. Rather than going in and seeing (team rehab coordinator Lanning Tucker) and talking to Lanning about what they might do — since they really didn’t have any plans for him to start exercising for a few days they said come in Tuesday and we will go from there.”
Mauer took multiple foul tips off his catcher’s mask last Monday against the Mets and experienced dizziness while trying to participate in pregame batting practice the next evening. He was officially placed on the 7-day disabled list on August 20.
You can expect the out-of-contention Twins to play this thing as cautiously as possible.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)