Aug 25, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Twins catcher Joe Mauer will not return from the 7-day concussion disabled list when he’s first eligible.
“Joe is at home,” Twins assistant general manager Rob Antony told LaVelle E. Neal of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune on Saturday night in Cleveland. “They advised him just to lay low and rest right now. They think the best thing he can use is rest. Rather than going in and seeing (team rehab coordinator Lanning Tucker) and talking to Lanning about what they might do — since they really didn’t have any plans for him to start exercising for a few days they said come in Tuesday and we will go from there.”
Mauer took multiple foul tips off his catcher’s mask last Monday against the Mets and experienced dizziness while trying to participate in pregame batting practice the next evening. He was officially placed on the 7-day disabled list on August 20.
You can expect the out-of-contention Twins to play this thing as cautiously as possible.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)