Aug 25, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick spent four weeks on the disabled list earlier this season with a sprained right wrist. And he may need a few more weeks off.
Reddick also tweaked the wrist last week, though an MRI was taken and showed no significant damage.
A new scan is probably already in the works.
Reddick has been a major disappointment for the second-place Athletics this season after tallying 32 home runs and 85 RBI in 2012. The bearded 26-year-old entered play Sunday with a weak .215/.299/.365 batting line, 10 home runs and 46 RBI.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 8
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 55
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)