Aug 25, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick spent four weeks on the disabled list earlier this season with a sprained right wrist. And he may need a few more weeks off.
Reddick also tweaked the wrist last week, though an MRI was taken and showed no significant damage.
A new scan is probably already in the works.
Reddick has been a major disappointment for the second-place Athletics this season after tallying 32 home runs and 85 RBI in 2012. The bearded 26-year-old entered play Sunday with a weak .215/.299/.365 batting line, 10 home runs and 46 RBI.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)