Aug 25, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick spent four weeks on the disabled list earlier this season with a sprained right wrist. And he may need a few more weeks off.
Reddick also tweaked the wrist last week, though an MRI was taken and showed no significant damage.
A new scan is probably already in the works.
Reddick has been a major disappointment for the second-place Athletics this season after tallying 32 home runs and 85 RBI in 2012. The bearded 26-year-old entered play Sunday with a weak .215/.299/.365 batting line, 10 home runs and 46 RBI.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)