Aug 25, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
A’s outfielder Josh Reddick spent four weeks on the disabled list earlier this season with a sprained right wrist. And he may need a few more weeks off.
Reddick also tweaked the wrist last week, though an MRI was taken and showed no significant damage.
A new scan is probably already in the works.
Reddick has been a major disappointment for the second-place Athletics this season after tallying 32 home runs and 85 RBI in 2012. The bearded 26-year-old entered play Sunday with a weak .215/.299/.365 batting line, 10 home runs and 46 RBI.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 44
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 74
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)