Aug 25, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune has the goods:
ST. PETERSBURG — Matt Moore (sore left elbow) threw a simulated game Saturday before the Tampa Bay Rays’ 4-2 win over the visiting New York Yankees and pronounced himself ready to rejoin the rotation later this week against the Angels.
Rays manager Joe Maddon watched that simulated game and agreed that Moore looked ready to go.
That would mean no minor league rehab start for the 24-year-old left-hander, who has been out since July 28 with left elbow discomfort. “I feel comfortable enough with where I’m at to think a bullpen is going to get me ready for a game in four days,” Moore told Mooney after his workout on Saturday.
Moore has a 3.41 ERA and 115 strikeouts in 121 1/3 innings this season.
The Rays are tied with the Red Sox in the American League East.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 103
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32