Aug 25, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune has the goods:
ST. PETERSBURG — Matt Moore (sore left elbow) threw a simulated game Saturday before the Tampa Bay Rays’ 4-2 win over the visiting New York Yankees and pronounced himself ready to rejoin the rotation later this week against the Angels.
Rays manager Joe Maddon watched that simulated game and agreed that Moore looked ready to go.
That would mean no minor league rehab start for the 24-year-old left-hander, who has been out since July 28 with left elbow discomfort. “I feel comfortable enough with where I’m at to think a bullpen is going to get me ready for a game in four days,” Moore told Mooney after his workout on Saturday.
Moore has a 3.41 ERA and 115 strikeouts in 121 1/3 innings this season.
The Rays are tied with the Red Sox in the American League East.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)