Aug 25, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Reds left-hander Tony Cingrani made an early exit from his start Tuesday against the Diamondbacks with a lower back strain and hadn’t made enough progress by his next turn in the starting rotation so he has been placed on the 15-day disabled list.
The disabling is retroactive to August 21, meaning Cingrani will be eligible for activation during the first week of September. Greg Reynolds was called up in a corresponding roster move to make a spot start Sunday’s series finale against the Brewers.
Cingrani has been a breakout star for the Reds this season, boasting a 2.76 ERA, 1.06 WHIP and 112/39 K/BB ratio in 97 2/3 innings.
Cincinnati is 2 1/2 games behind Pittsburgh and St. Louis in the National League Central.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)