Aug 25, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Strange happenings in baseball, indeed. Mark Parent, currently in his second year as bench coach under manager Robin Ventura, was ejected by crew chief Jerry Layne while he was exchanging lineup cards prior to the start of this afternoon’s series finale with the Rangers.
Video showed Parent saying something to Layne, but it is not apparent exactly what was said.
The White Sox emerged victorious this afternoon nevertheless, defeating the Rangers 5-2. White Sox starter John Danks tossed six solid innings while his offense battered Rangers starter Matt Garza for five runs (four earned) over seven innings. Since making his debut with the Rangers on July 24, Garza has a 4.44 ERA.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)