Aug 25, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Strange happenings in baseball, indeed. Mark Parent, currently in his second year as bench coach under manager Robin Ventura, was ejected by crew chief Jerry Layne while he was exchanging lineup cards prior to the start of this afternoon’s series finale with the Rangers.
Video showed Parent saying something to Layne, but it is not apparent exactly what was said.
The White Sox emerged victorious this afternoon nevertheless, defeating the Rangers 5-2. White Sox starter John Danks tossed six solid innings while his offense battered Rangers starter Matt Garza for five runs (four earned) over seven innings. Since making his debut with the Rangers on July 24, Garza has a 4.44 ERA.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)