Aug 25, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Strange happenings in baseball, indeed. Mark Parent, currently in his second year as bench coach under manager Robin Ventura, was ejected by crew chief Jerry Layne while he was exchanging lineup cards prior to the start of this afternoon’s series finale with the Rangers.
Video showed Parent saying something to Layne, but it is not apparent exactly what was said.
The White Sox emerged victorious this afternoon nevertheless, defeating the Rangers 5-2. White Sox starter John Danks tossed six solid innings while his offense battered Rangers starter Matt Garza for five runs (four earned) over seven innings. Since making his debut with the Rangers on July 24, Garza has a 4.44 ERA.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86