Aug 25, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Strange happenings in baseball, indeed. Mark Parent, currently in his second year as bench coach under manager Robin Ventura, was ejected by crew chief Jerry Layne while he was exchanging lineup cards prior to the start of this afternoon’s series finale with the Rangers.
Video showed Parent saying something to Layne, but it is not apparent exactly what was said.
The White Sox emerged victorious this afternoon nevertheless, defeating the Rangers 5-2. White Sox starter John Danks tossed six solid innings while his offense battered Rangers starter Matt Garza for five runs (four earned) over seven innings. Since making his debut with the Rangers on July 24, Garza has a 4.44 ERA.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)