Aug 26, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Daniel Bard hasn’t pitched in three months after being shut down with an abdominal strain that coincided with another bout of extreme wildness at Double-A.
However, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com Bard has been rehabbing at the Red Sox’s spring training complex in Florida and is expected to see some game action before the minor-league season ends in a couple weeks.
Even if that happens it’ll be another lost season for Bard, who appeared in just two games for the Red Sox and posted a 6.39 ERA with 17 walks in 13 innings at Double-A. Once a dominant setup man, he hasn’t been healthy and effective since 2011 and will be 29 years old next season.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)