Aug 26, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Daniel Bard hasn’t pitched in three months after being shut down with an abdominal strain that coincided with another bout of extreme wildness at Double-A.
However, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com Bard has been rehabbing at the Red Sox’s spring training complex in Florida and is expected to see some game action before the minor-league season ends in a couple weeks.
Even if that happens it’ll be another lost season for Bard, who appeared in just two games for the Red Sox and posted a 6.39 ERA with 17 walks in 13 innings at Double-A. Once a dominant setup man, he hasn’t been healthy and effective since 2011 and will be 29 years old next season.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)