Aug 26, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Daniel Bard hasn’t pitched in three months after being shut down with an abdominal strain that coincided with another bout of extreme wildness at Double-A.
However, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com Bard has been rehabbing at the Red Sox’s spring training complex in Florida and is expected to see some game action before the minor-league season ends in a couple weeks.
Even if that happens it’ll be another lost season for Bard, who appeared in just two games for the Red Sox and posted a 6.39 ERA with 17 walks in 13 innings at Double-A. Once a dominant setup man, he hasn’t been healthy and effective since 2011 and will be 29 years old next season.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)