Aug 26, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Daniel Bard hasn’t pitched in three months after being shut down with an abdominal strain that coincided with another bout of extreme wildness at Double-A.
However, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com Bard has been rehabbing at the Red Sox’s spring training complex in Florida and is expected to see some game action before the minor-league season ends in a couple weeks.
Even if that happens it’ll be another lost season for Bard, who appeared in just two games for the Red Sox and posted a 6.39 ERA with 17 walks in 13 innings at Double-A. Once a dominant setup man, he hasn’t been healthy and effective since 2011 and will be 29 years old next season.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)