Aug 26, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Derek Jeter … is … GO!
Today’s Yankees lineup, featuring the return of No. 2: pic.twitter.com/GWmnfuTR04
— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) August 26, 2013
It’ll be interesting to see if he runs hard or if he takes a page from Robinson Cano‘s book and doesn’t. And if he doesn’t, I wonder if he gets any flak for it.
If I’m Joe Girardi I wrap Jetes in bubble wrap between at bats and let him heel-toe it down the baselines.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)