Aug 26, 2013, 8:54 AM EDT
Joe Girardi and Derek Jeter have confirmed that Jeter will rejoin the Yankees tonight in Toronto. He will, presumably, be the starting shortstop.
Jeter missed the first 91 games of the season recovering from the broken ankle suffered in the ALCS. Then he played a game, hurt his quad, went back on the DL, played four games, hurt his groin and went back on the DL once again. He’s only made 21 plate appearances this year.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (198)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)