Aug 26, 2013, 8:54 AM EDT
Joe Girardi and Derek Jeter have confirmed that Jeter will rejoin the Yankees tonight in Toronto. He will, presumably, be the starting shortstop.
Jeter missed the first 91 games of the season recovering from the broken ankle suffered in the ALCS. Then he played a game, hurt his quad, went back on the DL, played four games, hurt his groin and went back on the DL once again. He’s only made 21 plate appearances this year.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 14
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 54
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)