Aug 26, 2013, 8:54 AM EST
Joe Girardi and Derek Jeter have confirmed that Jeter will rejoin the Yankees tonight in Toronto. He will, presumably, be the starting shortstop.
Jeter missed the first 91 games of the season recovering from the broken ankle suffered in the ALCS. Then he played a game, hurt his quad, went back on the DL, played four games, hurt his groin and went back on the DL once again. He’s only made 21 plate appearances this year.
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 4
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 160
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)