Aug 26, 2013, 8:54 AM EDT
Joe Girardi and Derek Jeter have confirmed that Jeter will rejoin the Yankees tonight in Toronto. He will, presumably, be the starting shortstop.
Jeter missed the first 91 games of the season recovering from the broken ankle suffered in the ALCS. Then he played a game, hurt his quad, went back on the DL, played four games, hurt his groin and went back on the DL once again. He’s only made 21 plate appearances this year.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 14
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 48
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)