Aug 26, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
For most teams this obviously wouldn’t be noteworthy, but because the Pirates haven’t had a winning season since 1993 and collapsed down the stretch last year let’s go ahead and note it: Pittsburgh has started selling playoff tickets.
Some of the details, via the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:
Current Pirates season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase postseason tickets, which includes ll potential home games at PNC Park in each of the Wild Card, National League Division Series, National League Championship Series and World Series.
Pirates full season, 41-game, 20-game and 10-game season ticket holders will begin receiving their postseason information as soon as today. These fans will have the opportunity to purchase postseason strips prior to the fans who have placed a deposit on tickets for the 2014 season and the general public.
And then individual playoff game tickets will go on sale in late September.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 43
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 56
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 48
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)