Aug 26, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
For most teams this obviously wouldn’t be noteworthy, but because the Pirates haven’t had a winning season since 1993 and collapsed down the stretch last year let’s go ahead and note it: Pittsburgh has started selling playoff tickets.
Some of the details, via the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:
Current Pirates season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase postseason tickets, which includes ll potential home games at PNC Park in each of the Wild Card, National League Division Series, National League Championship Series and World Series.
Pirates full season, 41-game, 20-game and 10-game season ticket holders will begin receiving their postseason information as soon as today. These fans will have the opportunity to purchase postseason strips prior to the fans who have placed a deposit on tickets for the 2014 season and the general public.
And then individual playoff game tickets will go on sale in late September.
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 40
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 9
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)