Aug 26, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
For most teams this obviously wouldn’t be noteworthy, but because the Pirates haven’t had a winning season since 1993 and collapsed down the stretch last year let’s go ahead and note it: Pittsburgh has started selling playoff tickets.
Some of the details, via the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:
Current Pirates season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase postseason tickets, which includes ll potential home games at PNC Park in each of the Wild Card, National League Division Series, National League Championship Series and World Series.
Pirates full season, 41-game, 20-game and 10-game season ticket holders will begin receiving their postseason information as soon as today. These fans will have the opportunity to purchase postseason strips prior to the fans who have placed a deposit on tickets for the 2014 season and the general public.
And then individual playoff game tickets will go on sale in late September.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)