Aug 26, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
For most teams this obviously wouldn’t be noteworthy, but because the Pirates haven’t had a winning season since 1993 and collapsed down the stretch last year let’s go ahead and note it: Pittsburgh has started selling playoff tickets.
Some of the details, via the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:
Current Pirates season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase postseason tickets, which includes ll potential home games at PNC Park in each of the Wild Card, National League Division Series, National League Championship Series and World Series.
Pirates full season, 41-game, 20-game and 10-game season ticket holders will begin receiving their postseason information as soon as today. These fans will have the opportunity to purchase postseason strips prior to the fans who have placed a deposit on tickets for the 2014 season and the general public.
And then individual playoff game tickets will go on sale in late September.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (181)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)