Aug 26, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
For the second time in less than two months the Blue Jays have designated Chien-Ming Wang for assignment. Unlike last time, however, when no one wanted Wang and he accepted a Triple-A assignment, this looks like the end of the road.
Wang gave up four earned runs (five total) in three innings on Saturday. It was his first start since the last one before his last DFA back in early July in which he gave up six runs in an inning and two thirds.
It’s hard to see how anyone would be willing to take a chance on Wang at this point. While he had a couple of good years back in the day he has not been remotely useful in over five years.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)