Three minor leaguers suspended

Aug 26, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT

Rachel Leigh Cook

Can’t wait for ESPN the Magazine’s survey about what people think of THESE guys. The unlucky winners:

• Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Minor League outfielder Brandon Bayardi, who is on the roster of the rookie-level Orem Owlz of the Pioneer League, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for Methylhexaneamine.
  • New York Mets Minor League left-handed pitcher Daniel Huchingson, who is on the roster of the Double-A Binghamton Mets of the Eastern League, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after a second violation for a drug of abuse.
  • Toronto Blue Jays Minor League catcher Sean Ochinko, who is on the roster of the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons of the International League, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine.

Nice mix of drugs this week, guys. Really like to see that out there. Way to keep ‘em guessing. Now, everyone in … 1! 2! 3! Drugs! — “DRUGS!!”

That’s what I like to see.

1. The Common Man - Aug 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I would totally do heroin with the “This is your brain on heroin” girl.

• drone501 - Aug 27, 2013 at 7:00 AM

i see nips

2. tfbuckfutter - Aug 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM

3. sdelmonte - Aug 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Wasn’t Orem Owlz on Star Trek?

4. jwbiii - Aug 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM

If this is in one of your available archives, it might be a good change of pace.

• tfbuckfutter - Aug 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Yeah….I’m going to go ahead and throw my support behind the Keep Showing Rachael Leigh Cook’s Nipple camp.

• unclemosesgreen - Aug 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Nipple? I thought that was a mosquito bite on top of a fried egg.

• mrsquishy - Aug 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I support you on that as Rachel Leigh Cook is the best thing happening with PED’s…

5. unclemosesgreen - Aug 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM

So I have a question. How come most of the Biogenesis guys didn’t get caught by MLB’s vaunted and amazing drug testing program? I thought Cowboy Bud was straight-shooting his way out of the whole PED mess. All I ever see is positives for Adderall and amphetamines and drugs of abuse. Where are the positives, Bud?

• Cris E - Aug 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM

They don’t want a positive, they want a Guilty!

Or else The Druggies Are Ahead Of The Testers.

Or maybe This Is Why We Need Blood Tests In The Next CBA.

Maybe there are two types of druggies: guys with money for the cool invisible stuff and stupid/poor guys who can’t read a label. (Oh, and the guys who like to get high. They’re in a different category.)

6. acerob2002 - Aug 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I still cant believe that they are suspending guys for an over the counter nasal decongestant. Give me a break.

Pujols deal still worth it to Angels?
  1. I. Davis (4011)