Aug 26, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Can’t wait for ESPN the Magazine’s survey about what people think of THESE guys. The unlucky winners:
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Minor League outfielder Brandon Bayardi, who is on the roster of the rookie-level Orem Owlz of the Pioneer League, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for Methylhexaneamine.
- New York Mets Minor League left-handed pitcher Daniel Huchingson, who is on the roster of the Double-A Binghamton Mets of the Eastern League, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after a second violation for a drug of abuse.
- Toronto Blue Jays Minor League catcher Sean Ochinko, who is on the roster of the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons of the International League, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine.
Nice mix of drugs this week, guys. Really like to see that out there. Way to keep ‘em guessing. Now, everyone in … 1! 2! 3! Drugs! — “DRUGS!!”
That’s what I like to see.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)