Christie Brinkley made baseball cards of the 1995 World Series teams?

Aug 27, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT

Christie Brinkley

Thanks to it coinciding with law school I’ve blocked out a lot of things that happened between 1995 and 1998. This — from several years ago but pointed out by Old Time Family Baseball today — must have been one of them:

1996 Pinnacle Baseball’s Christie Brinkley Collection. The 16-card insert set from Series Two saw the supermodel go and visit the Braves and Indians at World Series time and take some artsy photos of them for an insert set.

Fred McGriff is chewing on a baseball. Ryan Klesko is on a surf board holding a bat like a gun. Albert Belle is holding a baby and we can only assume the picture was taken moments before he ate it.  Javy Lopez obviously said “no, I’m not posing all ridiculous for you lady.”

They’re all terribad. But I really just want to know how it came about that someone said “you know, I like Christie Brinkley. I like baseball cards. Let’s put them together?”

1. duvisited - Aug 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Fred McGriff is chewing on a baseball.

They’re all terribad.

I don’t understand how these two statements aren’t contradictory.

• michaelle123 - Aug 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Experience is a poor teacher: So, don’t bother and make some handsome earning, go to this site “~
      .. ▼▼▼

• km9000 - Aug 27, 2013 at 10:58 PM

“THIS is the get-rich-quick scheme that gets results!” – Fred McGriff

• joanmiller5487 - Aug 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM

our system is 100% legitimate, legal,and ethical, and we assure you, this is an amazing, profitable and rewarding system that your entire family will be proud to associated with and now want to learn even more about our incredible system… http://clck.ru/8oUs4

• mornelithe - Aug 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I realize that selling your body is considered legitimate in some States, but not everyone is willing to do that.

2. cohnjusack - Aug 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Hot!

• Old Gator - Aug 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Well, at least his heart is in the right place.

Nyuknyuknyuknyuk…..

3. lightcleric - Aug 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I’ve seen the Fred McGriff one…it is raw beauty. That smile on his face makes it the greatest thing.

4. dowhatifeellike - Aug 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I think Klesko was going for a billiards cue, not a gun. But who the hell really knows?

5. DelawarePhilliesFan - Aug 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Well….are you going to go for it?

Sorry, was there a post along with fond memory pic?

• mybrunoblog - Aug 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM

This is crazy, this is crazy…

6. georgia0713 - Aug 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Interesting post….. I was at the Indians-Braves game in West Palm on a Sunday in late March 1996 and Christie Brinkley sat near me in the bleachers down the left field line . Smoltz started against Nagy. It must’ve been announced beforehand because a few older men had their SI 1981 swimsuit issues. I bet she was there for that baseball card event.

• Old Gator - Aug 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Who cares if Smoltz started against Nay? I wouldn’t mind starting against Christie Brinkley.

7. tfbuckfutter - Aug 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Jim Thome looks like the muscle for an inbred family that lives in the woods and terrorizes lost teenagers.

• historiophiliac - Aug 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Whatever happened to bell sleeves?

8. The Dangerous Mabry - Aug 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Chipper Jones’s speech that day about how he was there to chew bubble gum and kick ass wasn’t nearly as badass as he’d been hoping.

9. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Aug 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Why are they measuring the speed of Marquis Grissom’s boner?

10. historiophiliac - Aug 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM

It’s a good thing she’s pretty.

11. myhawks1976 - Aug 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM

By Craig Calcaterra

” But I really just want to know how it came about that someone said “you know, I like Christie Brinkley. I like baseball cards. Let’s put them together?”

But I really just want to know how it came about that somebody said ” I like attorneys, I like baseball blogs. let’s put them together”

funny…. same result! ;)

• dcarroll73 - Aug 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Now, myhawks, you’re just talking crazy. No one in history until you ever said, “I like attorneys.” Even attorneys don’t like attorneys.
      Maybe it was an evil football fan saying, “I hate attorneys. I hate baseball. If we put them together it will be really bad.”

12. yahmule - Aug 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Pinnacle was notorious for goofball subsets. One of the worst things to happen to the industry and one of the reasons they went out of business. Also, their cards had that stupid Pinnacle logo on the bottom that looked like it was spearing guys in the junk half the time.

13. pisano - Aug 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I’d try my best to knock the bottom out of that, back in her day.

14. slickdemetrius - Aug 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM

You attended law school. That explains so much.

15. km9000 - Aug 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I wonder if Javy saw how everyone else did “unique” poses, got jealous that his was so bland, then gradually became grateful his was so bland.

16. foreverchipper10 - Aug 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Someone needs to buy me these.

Don't count out the Yankees just yet
  1. R. Castillo (4740)