Aug 27, 2013, 6:10 PM EDT
“He confirmed what I’ve been hoping,” Beachy told Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He just thought it was inflamed, a lot of fluid in there. The ligament is intact and it’s good news.”
Beachy, who returned from Tommy John surgery at the end of July, has been shut down for 10 days anyway, casting doubt on whether he’ll rejoin the rotation next month. The Braves may choose to bring him back as a reliever. Even before the setback, he seemed iffy to make a postseason rotation that figures to include Mike Minor and Julio Teheran and two from the group of Kris Medlen, Paul Maholm, Alex Wood and Beachy.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12