Aug 27, 2013, 6:09 PM EDT
Jeff Beliveau was recalled from Triple-A Durham in a corresponding roster move to pitch in middle relief.
Hellickson has a rough 5.21 ERA in 27 starts this season and an especially-putrid 9.15 ERA in five starts this month. He’s not going to throw a pitch for the Charlotte Stone Crabs; instead he will rest for a week and return to the majors when the Florida State League regular season concludes on September 1.
The Rays haven’t decided what role Hellickson will have when he’s brought back up.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)