Aug 27, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
Wade Davis gave up seven earned runs on eight hits and three walks in a six-inning start Saturday against the Nationals, watching his season ERA climb to 5.67 and his WHIP jump to 1.76. He will not take another turn in the Kansas City starting rotation.
According to Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star, the 27-year-old right-hander was officially demoted to the Royals’ bullpen on Tuesday and 24-year-old left-hander Danny Duffy will be called up to claim the vacant rotation spot Wednesday versus the Twins.
It’s a deal that keeps looking worse and worse for Kansas City.
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 104
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 35
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 31
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)