Aug 27, 2013, 11:24 PM EST
Wade Davis gave up seven earned runs on eight hits and three walks in a six-inning start Saturday against the Nationals, watching his season ERA climb to 5.67 and his WHIP jump to 1.76. He will not take another turn in the Kansas City starting rotation.
According to Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star, the 27-year-old right-hander was officially demoted to the Royals’ bullpen on Tuesday and 24-year-old left-hander Danny Duffy will be called up to claim the vacant rotation spot Wednesday versus the Twins.
It’s a deal that keeps looking worse and worse for Kansas City.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)