Aug 27, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
Wade Davis gave up seven earned runs on eight hits and three walks in a six-inning start Saturday against the Nationals, watching his season ERA climb to 5.67 and his WHIP jump to 1.76. He will not take another turn in the Kansas City starting rotation.
According to Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star, the 27-year-old right-hander was officially demoted to the Royals’ bullpen on Tuesday and 24-year-old left-hander Danny Duffy will be called up to claim the vacant rotation spot Wednesday versus the Twins.
It’s a deal that keeps looking worse and worse for Kansas City.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 4
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)