Aug 27, 2013, 11:24 PM EST
Wade Davis gave up seven earned runs on eight hits and three walks in a six-inning start Saturday against the Nationals, watching his season ERA climb to 5.67 and his WHIP jump to 1.76. He will not take another turn in the Kansas City starting rotation.
According to Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star, the 27-year-old right-hander was officially demoted to the Royals’ bullpen on Tuesday and 24-year-old left-hander Danny Duffy will be called up to claim the vacant rotation spot Wednesday versus the Twins.
It’s a deal that keeps looking worse and worse for Kansas City.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)