Aug 27, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
Wade Davis gave up seven earned runs on eight hits and three walks in a six-inning start Saturday against the Nationals, watching his season ERA climb to 5.67 and his WHIP jump to 1.76. He will not take another turn in the Kansas City starting rotation.
According to Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star, the 27-year-old right-hander was officially demoted to the Royals’ bullpen on Tuesday and 24-year-old left-hander Danny Duffy will be called up to claim the vacant rotation spot Wednesday versus the Twins.
It’s a deal that keeps looking worse and worse for Kansas City.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)