Aug 28, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Dan Uggla is back from the disabled list 15 days after undergoing Lasik eye surgery to correct vision problems that plagued him all season.
Before the surgery Uggla hit .186 with a league-high 146 strikeouts and was basically helpless after the All-Star break with a .133 batting average and 30 strikeouts in 24 games. He played two minor-league rehab games at Triple-A after the surgery, going 2-for-7 with a homer and four strikeouts. So … who knows.
It’ll be hard for Uggla to hit any worse than he did before the surgery or be less productive than fill-in Elliot Johnson.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)