Aug 28, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Dan Uggla is back from the disabled list 15 days after undergoing Lasik eye surgery to correct vision problems that plagued him all season.
Before the surgery Uggla hit .186 with a league-high 146 strikeouts and was basically helpless after the All-Star break with a .133 batting average and 30 strikeouts in 24 games. He played two minor-league rehab games at Triple-A after the surgery, going 2-for-7 with a homer and four strikeouts. So … who knows.
It’ll be hard for Uggla to hit any worse than he did before the surgery or be less productive than fill-in Elliot Johnson.
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 3
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)