Aug 28, 2013, 6:25 PM EST
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Mets right-hander Jenrry Mejia underwent surgery, as scheduled, on Wednesday afternoon to remove a bone spur from his throwing elbow. The procedure went as planned and Mejia is fully expected to be ready for the start of spring training next February.
Mejia registered a promising 2.30 ERA, 1.17 WHIP and 27/4 K/BB ratio across 27 1/3 innings this season for the Mets. He seems likely to have a starting rotation spot on Opening Day next April.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)