Aug 28, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Detwiler hasn’t been cleared to throw off a mound yet, so he’s simply running out of time before the season ends. Returning as a reliever would perhaps give him a little more of a chance because Detwiler wouldn’t have to build up as much arm strength, but manager Davey Johnson indicated that the Nationals aren’t particularly keen on that idea.
Detwiler has a 4.02 ERA in 69 career starts, including a 4.04 mark in 13 starts this season. He’s under team control through 2016, so if healthy he figures to be back in the rotation next year.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 44
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 60
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)