Aug 28, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Detwiler hasn’t been cleared to throw off a mound yet, so he’s simply running out of time before the season ends. Returning as a reliever would perhaps give him a little more of a chance because Detwiler wouldn’t have to build up as much arm strength, but manager Davey Johnson indicated that the Nationals aren’t particularly keen on that idea.
Detwiler has a 4.02 ERA in 69 career starts, including a 4.04 mark in 13 starts this season. He’s under team control through 2016, so if healthy he figures to be back in the rotation next year.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)