Aug 28, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s not a crazy-special club — we’re not talking Barry Bonds territory here — but round number-lovers among you will enjoy noting that last night Shin-Soo Choo joined the 100-100 club, hitting his 100th homer.
He topped the century mark in stolen bases on Sunday when he snagged two, giving him 101 for his career.
Choo will be a free agent this offseason. Not too many guys with his power, speed and on-base ability will be available. I presume he’s gonna make a mint.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)