Aug 28, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
It’s not a crazy-special club — we’re not talking Barry Bonds territory here — but round number-lovers among you will enjoy noting that last night Shin-Soo Choo joined the 100-100 club, hitting his 100th homer.
He topped the century mark in stolen bases on Sunday when he snagged two, giving him 101 for his career.
Choo will be a free agent this offseason. Not too many guys with his power, speed and on-base ability will be available. I presume he’s gonna make a mint.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 10
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 26
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 30
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)