Aug 28, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
Brett Anderson has missed four months — his last action was on April 29 — but today they’ve finally activated their Opening Day starter.
It was a foot injury which sidelined him. Now he’s back but likely in a relief role given that he’s been out so long. To clear a roster spot for him the A’s sent Tommy Milone down to Sacramento.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69