Aug 29, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
As expected Bartolo Colon is back with the A’s after spending the past two weeks on the disabled list with a groin injury. He’ll face the Tigers this afternoon in Detroit.
Colon has been fantastic for the A’s, improving on what was a shockingly good 2012 season by going 14-5 with a 2.97 ERA and league-leading three complete-game shutouts in 24 starts at age 40.
However, he was roughed up in his last two starts before going on the disabled list, failing to make it out of the fifth inning in both games while allowing a total of 10 runs in 6.2 innings. And now gets a tough return matchup against the Tigers (with winning machine Max Scherzer opposing him).
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 0
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 17
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 42
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 20
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)