Aug 29, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
As expected Bartolo Colon is back with the A’s after spending the past two weeks on the disabled list with a groin injury. He’ll face the Tigers this afternoon in Detroit.
Colon has been fantastic for the A’s, improving on what was a shockingly good 2012 season by going 14-5 with a 2.97 ERA and league-leading three complete-game shutouts in 24 starts at age 40.
However, he was roughed up in his last two starts before going on the disabled list, failing to make it out of the fifth inning in both games while allowing a total of 10 runs in 6.2 innings. And now gets a tough return matchup against the Tigers (with winning machine Max Scherzer opposing him).
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)