Aug 29, 2013, 8:35 AM EST
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune has a nice feature up about Ozzie Guillen, who is finishing up his first summer as a civilian. The talk is wide-ranging, focusing on how he’s enjoyed the year off but wants to manage again and how, while he’d like to come back to U.S. Cellular Field to visit his friends on the White Sox, he doesn’t feel welcome with Kenny Williams still hanging around. For Williams part, there are no hard feelings.
There are a lot of managers whose contract is up or who are on the hot seat at the moment. I know that Ozzie isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I can’t imagine he couldn’t help some teams. Especially ones who need a kick in the pants. Seattle would probably be a great fit for him, for example.
I bet we see him someplace new either at the beginning of next season or sometime in the middle taking over for someone else.
- Report: Cuban free agent infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 0
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 11
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 9
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 138
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)