Aug 29, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune has a nice feature up about Ozzie Guillen, who is finishing up his first summer as a civilian. The talk is wide-ranging, focusing on how he’s enjoyed the year off but wants to manage again and how, while he’d like to come back to U.S. Cellular Field to visit his friends on the White Sox, he doesn’t feel welcome with Kenny Williams still hanging around. For Williams part, there are no hard feelings.
There are a lot of managers whose contract is up or who are on the hot seat at the moment. I know that Ozzie isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I can’t imagine he couldn’t help some teams. Especially ones who need a kick in the pants. Seattle would probably be a great fit for him, for example.
I bet we see him someplace new either at the beginning of next season or sometime in the middle taking over for someone else.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 12
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 56
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)