Aug 29, 2013, 8:35 AM EST
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune has a nice feature up about Ozzie Guillen, who is finishing up his first summer as a civilian. The talk is wide-ranging, focusing on how he’s enjoyed the year off but wants to manage again and how, while he’d like to come back to U.S. Cellular Field to visit his friends on the White Sox, he doesn’t feel welcome with Kenny Williams still hanging around. For Williams part, there are no hard feelings.
There are a lot of managers whose contract is up or who are on the hot seat at the moment. I know that Ozzie isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I can’t imagine he couldn’t help some teams. Especially ones who need a kick in the pants. Seattle would probably be a great fit for him, for example.
I bet we see him someplace new either at the beginning of next season or sometime in the middle taking over for someone else.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15