Aug 29, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune has a nice feature up about Ozzie Guillen, who is finishing up his first summer as a civilian. The talk is wide-ranging, focusing on how he’s enjoyed the year off but wants to manage again and how, while he’d like to come back to U.S. Cellular Field to visit his friends on the White Sox, he doesn’t feel welcome with Kenny Williams still hanging around. For Williams part, there are no hard feelings.
There are a lot of managers whose contract is up or who are on the hot seat at the moment. I know that Ozzie isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I can’t imagine he couldn’t help some teams. Especially ones who need a kick in the pants. Seattle would probably be a great fit for him, for example.
I bet we see him someplace new either at the beginning of next season or sometime in the middle taking over for someone else.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)