Aug 29, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
After taking three months off with an abdominal strain Red Sox right-hander Daniel Bard returned to game action in the minors and showed that healthy or not his control problems haven’t gone away.
Pitching in a rookie-ball game against teenage hitters today, Bard walked five of the six batters he faced and uncorked two wild pitches before being yanked. He’s now walked 22 batters in 13 innings in the minors this season.
Suffice it to say he doesn’t seem likely to get a September call-up to Boston.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)