Aug 29, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
After taking three months off with an abdominal strain Red Sox right-hander Daniel Bard returned to game action in the minors and showed that healthy or not his control problems haven’t gone away.
Pitching in a rookie-ball game against teenage hitters today, Bard walked five of the six batters he faced and uncorked two wild pitches before being yanked. He’s now walked 22 batters in 13 innings in the minors this season.
Suffice it to say he doesn’t seem likely to get a September call-up to Boston.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)