Aug 29, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
After taking three months off with an abdominal strain Red Sox right-hander Daniel Bard returned to game action in the minors and showed that healthy or not his control problems haven’t gone away.
Pitching in a rookie-ball game against teenage hitters today, Bard walked five of the six batters he faced and uncorked two wild pitches before being yanked. He’s now walked 22 batters in 13 innings in the minors this season.
Suffice it to say he doesn’t seem likely to get a September call-up to Boston.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)