Aug 29, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
After taking three months off with an abdominal strain Red Sox right-hander Daniel Bard returned to game action in the minors and showed that healthy or not his control problems haven’t gone away.
Pitching in a rookie-ball game against teenage hitters today, Bard walked five of the six batters he faced and uncorked two wild pitches before being yanked. He’s now walked 22 batters in 13 innings in the minors this season.
Suffice it to say he doesn’t seem likely to get a September call-up to Boston.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)